According to an article on MSN this morning, the following are the 10 Accessories every woman should own. I usually don’t agree with the ‘lists’ that they come up with, but I have to say that I like, and agree with, this one!
I’m 8 for 10.... what about you??
1. Pumps. Whether they have pointy, round, or square toes, these classic heels look smart at work and sexy at night. Always have a black pair.
2. Flats. Simple ballet slippers or skimmers are a more comfortable answer to the all-purpose pump. They’re great for when you’re on the go.
3. Diamonds. Rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets: No matter what form they come in, these sparkly stones will always shine — even if you are wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
4. Pearls. A classic, ladylike staple, these lustrous beads, as tidy little earrings or a single or multistrand necklace, always add polish and elegance to your outfit.
5. A structured bag. In a medium size, a sturdy, top-handle leather bag will serve you well every day.
6. A clutch. For evening, it’s essential. A slim, sleek little bag that fits just the necessities is the piece to carry at night.
7. A belt. This piece can turn an ensemble from sloppy to sleek in an instant. It’s a good idea to have multiple waist cinchers — thin, medium, and wide — in your closet.
8. A cocktail ring. Give your evening style a glam punch with a big-stoned bauble. Try bold, colorful stones for added effect.
9. A cuff. A thick bracelet in gold, silver, or enamel is a timeless accent and works day or night.
10. A metal watch. A high-quality, classic timepiece, like a tank or a bracelet style — whether gold or stainless steel — will last you a lifetime.
3 years ago