Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Chicago!!


My mom and I went to Chicago for one last trip before I moved to Oregon! It was lots of fun, although a little rainier and colder than last years trip. This year we went to Wicked - which was awesome! We were not planning on going, but decided to stop by the box office one afternoon, and they still had tickets left for that nights show. Our seats were good and the play was excellent! We went to the Shedd Aquarium and the Alder Planetarium on one of the rainy days. The end of the trip was sunnier, so we rented bikes for about 4 hours and rode around Chicago! It was a little scary riding in traffic, but I had an awesome pink bike, with a basket and everything, so I was a happy camper! We spent some time at Navy Pier and took a ride on the ferris wheel and a boat ride to get a view of the amazing Chicago skyline! And of course there was lots of shopping!! We also went to Millenium Park to see 'The Egg' again - which has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Another cool/random statue we found was of all these sets of legs - about 50 total, each one about 8 or 9 feet tall. So random that we just had to stop and take lots of pictures! It was another excellent 'Girls Trip'.



pics:
(top) Mom at Wicked; Me and Mom on the ferris wheel; (bottom) Our reflection in 'The Egg'; My cool rental bike; me at the Leg statue

No comments:

In Cambodia

In Cambodia
January 2007

A DAY AT THE PORTLAND ZOO!!! (June 1, 2007)

A DAY AT THE PORTLAND ZOO!!!            (June 1, 2007)
on a tricycle for elephants