Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ward Luau!




The Singles ward here is awesome! I have made so many friends already! It's just the perfect size - big enough that there are lots of people to meet, but small enough that people notice a new face and everyone is friends. In the 2 months that I have been here, we have done lots of fun activities. These pics are from a ward Luau that we had. Bri and I decided it would be fun to dress up 'Hawaiian' style. They had a dinner, a little show with some hula dancing, and then lessons after. Bri and I were laughing too hard to learn much, but it was fun anyway.

We also have an activity every 3 or 4 weeks with the other two singles wards in the area. I'm surprised by how many people actually go to the activities! It's usually a bbq of some sort, and then lots of games and time to just 'mingle'. The biggest difference between the singles wards here and the ones in Utah is that there is NO pressure to get married! It's SO nice for a change! This weekend, we are having a boat dance on the Portland Spirit. It's a famous old cruise ship, and I guess they just cruise us up and down the river all night. I'm not way excited about being stuck on a boat and forced to dance for 4 hours, but I'm sure we will end up going!

The pics..... (left) Me and Bri; (right top) Me, Mario and Bri; (right bottom) Shari and Me.

No comments:

In Cambodia

In Cambodia
January 2007

A DAY AT THE PORTLAND ZOO!!! (June 1, 2007)

A DAY AT THE PORTLAND ZOO!!!            (June 1, 2007)
on a tricycle for elephants