3 years ago
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
August 9-11 was our Ward Campout and it was so much fun! I haven't been camping in years, so it was nice to finally be able to go again! It was just so nice to relax and hang out with friends and just chill for a few days - and it was especially nice to not have a cell phone for a few days! We had good weather, and even though it wasn't hot enough to lay out and work on our tans, it was still perfect weather. Friday, I don't think I knew what time it was all day long!! We went camping along the Clackmas River, which was about a 40 minute drive east-ish. We had campfires both nights, played by the river, played baseball and volleyball and frisbee, ate way too much, and my favorite part was laying in the middle of a field and watching the stars! We saw tons and tons of shooting starts - it was amazing! It was a great little get away and it was nice to finally have some time to start reading Harry Potter #7!!
The pictures... (left to right, top to bottom)
- Bri, Mario and I playing at the river
- The girls!! Me, Bri, Sheri and Diana
- Mario and I at the campfire waiting for our tin foil dinners to cook
- Mario and Nic playing guitars - they are amazing!
- Me and Bri!! (Saturday)
- Me and Bri again - on Thursday
- Friday morning at the Polar Bear swim - Bri, Sheri and Skyler were the only ones brave enough to go in - too cold for me! :)
- Laying in the field looking at stars - Mario, Daniel and Bri