Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 in review

. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?

Lived on my own, saw Cirque du Soleil, bought food to feed 1,000 people, went to a professional Lacrosse game, rode in a limo, was in a few photo shoot, actually dressed up for Halloween, spend Thanksgiving without my family

. Did you keep your New Year resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the most part. And yes, I made really good ones this year :)

. What countries did you visit?
None :( so sad. This will change in 2009!!

. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Foreign countries - haha! And trying to have less stress in my life

. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 9th – a surprise visit to Utah for Mother’s Day

August 25th – the day we left for Hawaii

October 11th – the beginning of something I wasn’t necessarily expecting to happen ;)

. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving life on my own – and not burning down my new apartment

. What was your biggest failure?

I can’t think of any HUGE failures, just multiple little ones

. Did you suffer illness or injury?
With the exception of getting sick on Christmas, nothing. Well, there was a painful root canal in January, but I’m not sure that counts!


. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My own apartment, visits from a certain Boy, and vacations with friends


. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier times five!!
ii. Thinner or fatter? Probably about the same

iii. richer or poorer? Um… about the same

. What was the best thing you bought?
Hm…. A plane ticket to Hawaii, my kate spade bag, living/dining/kitchen furniture and stuff

. Where did most of your money go?
Playing :) [includes eating out with friends, going to multiple shows, Seattle, Hawaii, and a few trips to Utah]

. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Meeting new people, reading

. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time online

. How did you spend Christmas?
With family, and Matthew, playing in the snow and being sick

. Did you fall in love in 2008?
yes :)

. What was your favorite TV program?
So You Think You Can Dance – I can’t wait for it to start again this year!!

. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Weird question. But I don’t think so


. What was the best book you read?
Believing Christ. Secret Life of Bees. Stargirl.


. What did you want and get?

My own apartment, a big bookcase, amazing friends, and a boyfriend!

. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent it with Matthew, Church, and spent the evening with my friends – I turned 24


. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If Bri didn’t have to spend 2008 in Idaho, and could have been here in Portland!


. What kept you sane during the year?
Friends, laughing, and keeping the Bigger Picture in mind


.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I love Reese Witherspoon. Love her!!


. What was a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
The greatest think you’ll ever learn in just to Love and be loved in return




3 comments:

Diana said...

I love your list! I stole it from Ariel and had it almost ready to post...and then you beat me. So now I'm going to look like I'm copying both you and Ariel...oh well--sincerest form of flattery right?! Here's to great things in 2009!

birthMOM said...

i think you need to post a summary of all hairstyles and colors from 2008, cuz it seems like every time i saw you it was different! heehee
~desha

Emma said...

I don't know why I didn't see this post until now, but it's way fun! If I would have seen it earlier I would have copied you...oh wait, I still might.

In Cambodia

In Cambodia
January 2007

A DAY AT THE PORTLAND ZOO!!! (June 1, 2007)

A DAY AT THE PORTLAND ZOO!!!            (June 1, 2007)
on a tricycle for elephants